I am an avid sacred art collector from Adelaide, Australia and my love and passion for exploring antique markets began while living in Italy many years ago.
Many mannequins from all over the world have been thrown out over the years and relegated to landfill. They were perceived as being no longer ‘good enough’ to be used in store windows. Some had only minor scratches while others were hugely damaged with cracks, sections or limbs missing. Others were discarded simply because they became outdated and no longer relevant to the current trends of that era. It was out with the old and in with the new!
I take pride in giving new life to these mannequins—another chance at being ‘useful’. They are no longer working mannequins. They are now retired, happy to be admired and appreciated.
They are decorated with works made by so many different artists and artisans over the years, whose crafts, skills and expertise, I bring together to produce my artworks today.
Art fills me with a sense of accomplishment and integrity and has proven a most willing vehicle for translation of an inner vision into reality.
2016 SALA Festival (South Australian Living Artists)—‘Mannequins and their moods’….by Nina Ventura, 31st July 2016 to 28th August 2016, Adelaide Conven-tion Centre, Australia.
- ‘Vintage Mannequins & Sacred Art… A Collector’s Journey’ by Nina Ventura, March 2014, Carclew House, Adelaide, Australia;
- 2014 SALA Festival (South Australian Living Artists)—‘Vintage Mannequins & Sacred Art… A Collector’s Journey’ by Nina Ventura, August 2014, Miss Gladys Sym Choon, Rundle St, Adelaide, Australia;
- ‘The Three Queens’… by Nina Ventura, 29th June 2016 to 25th July 2016, Burn-side Council, Atrium Area, Australia.
- Bank SA Norwood, ‘Business of the Month’—Oct 2015;
- Finalist SALA 2014—Advertiser Contemporary Art Prize.
- Advertiser Contemporary Art Prize Exhibition—July/August 2014, Keith Murdoch House, Adelaide, Australia;
- 2015 SALA Festival (South Australian Living Artists)—‘Vintage Mannequins & Sacred Art… The Journey Continues’ by Nina Ventura, August/September 2015, Adelaide Convention Centre, Australia (Invitation from Dept Protocol & Cabinet to extend exhibition until Shandong Party Secretary & Delegation’s Adelaide visit).
Conflicts of Interest: The author has no conflicts of interest to declare.